Monday, April 7, 2014

Daddy-daughter weekend

I was out of town this past weekend speaking at a middle and high school girls church youth group retreat. I so enjoyed spending time with these girls, and sharing a little of my heart and story with them. The theme was "Radiant," and we spent a lot of time discussing how to foster a positive self image, despite living in a society that seems to place less and less value on true, inner, God-given natural beauty.

It. was. awesome.

Brandon, being the amazing husband that he is, offered to keep both girls at home all weekend so that I could have an entire weekend away. Did you read that? An entire weekend away. Like Friday afternoon - Sunday afternoon. Free of any regular mommy/child rearing responsibilities. No diaper changing. No spit up cleaning. No endless piles of laundry. No reheating my dinner 5,467 times.

Bless him.

I returned home yesterday to find these adorable pics on the camera. Looks like they had a full on photo session while I was away. A photo session totaling 273 photos. Love it.

Here are just a few of my favs. . .


 





 

 



















Reunited with my biggest girl. . .













It was so nice to get away for a few days, but was even nicer coming home.

13 comments

  1. Nice job, Brandon! Glad you got a weekend away - you deserved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the retreat went well and you enjoyed a weekend away! Good job Brandon for holding down the fort! Love the pictures you shared, especially both girls on the floor getting ready for bed. All of them are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man!!! An usolicited photo shoot??! That is the best gift ever!! Some of those turned out SO well!!! Glad you got a relaxing weekend and that Brandon totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable children! Glad you had good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara's dimples!!! Gorgeous girls!! So glad you got to spend some time away. I am sure you were a huge impact on those teen girls. You are a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post and I love all the pics!!! Clara looks so happy to be held by Mommy again, sweet pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZA! I can't even fathom a whole weekend away...to myself! Nice job, Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful!! The sister pictures are so cute!! I am sure you were such a blessing to the girls at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am such a dork... I got choked up looking at the sweet photo session Brandon had with the girls! That is so precious! I am so glad you had a weekend to yourself and the retreat was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgggggg they are both so cute. and clara's happy smiles are just the brightest most beautiful things! also clara reminds me of annabel since they have the same hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pics! So glad the weekend went well for you AND for Brandon and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What did you end up talking about on the retreat?!! Also, I saw the post with Clara walking. WHAT THE WHAT? That's amazing!! I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up speaking on self image and how to foster a positive self image while living in todays crazy culture that idolizes and encourages women to have "the perfect body/perfect everything" etc. I also shared an overview of my journey with anorexia and through recovery. It went well I think! Thanks for asking!

      Delete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.