Friday, July 5, 2013

Weekend Links 7/5/13

Hope you all had a nice 4th of July holiday. We did and like I usually say on any holiday, I could sure get used to having Brandon around everyday. Ha! We got Shipley's Donuts for breakfast, took Clara to the pool, all three took an afternoon nap, and then grilled out BBQ Chicken for dinner in our backyard. Pretty perfect if you ask me! Anyways, here's a few links for browsing. . . enjoy! 

Life
When You Wish That Relationship Looked Different - (in)courage "It is never too late for Jesus to move. Nothing is too far gone. We may not see healing at work on this earth, but we trust the Healer at work." - Love that!
Curing the fatherless epidemic - Simple Mom
What I want you to know about having multiple miscarriages - RATM
HomeFries - Have y'all heard about this website that offers lots of great podcasts, on a variety of topics?   I like to listen to these when I am cleaning or doing other random tasks around the house. 

ED and/or Self Esteem
When your mother says she's fat - The Daily Life
Eating disorder independence - Libero Network via Surviving Anorexia
So Long, Insecurity - Teen Edition - Living Proof Ministries Blog

Food and/or Recipes
Let's Talk America: BBQ Chicken Bread w/ bacon, cheddar & red onion - Buns In My Oven
Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas - Buns In My Oven
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Doughnuts - The Brunette Baker (Are you kidding me???)
Peanut Butter Oreo Banana Bread - Something Swanky (Again, are you kidding me???)

The best red, white and blue outfit I could come up with :)

3 comments

  1. SHIPLEY'S DONUTS!!!!! Thanks for reminding me of what I can't have. Why don't you just brag about kolaches next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great 4th to me! And I know what you mean about days like that making you wish Brandon could be home all day, every day... life is much easier with that extra set of hands (and eyes, and ears...)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a very fun and very busy 4th, sounds like yours! Clara is a cutie, enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.