Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Proof that miracles can happen. . . twice

So this happened. . .


We just found out by home pregnancy test on 6/22 and confirmed via ultrasound at the Dr's office on 6/25 (when I was told I was already 10 weeks). 

I turned 12 weeks yesterday.

12 WEEKS!!!

100% unplanned.

No fertility treatments. At. All.

Like, we just had the conversation we would wait until Clara turned 2-2.5 yrs old before pursing an IVF transfer again. And now we will have two kids under age two. 

We. Are. Shocked.

(Baby at 10 weeks)

Because remember. . .  I'm not supposed to be able to get pregnant.

Not on my own.

Because I don't ovulate.

But apparently I did. Once.

And got pregnant the very. first. time.

(Baby at 12 weeks)

To say we are just a little excited is an understatement.

Feeling SO blessed. 

And we believe, 100%, without a doubt, that this little miracle is a precious gift from God himself. Words simply cannot describe the joy and gratitude we feel.

And here's some of the tests I took, because I was convinced I was reading them wrong, the second line was too faint etc. (I never had to use a home test with Clara).

 (These are from the Dollar Store so when I saw two lines I assumed they must be wrong because, hello, I bought them at the DOLLAR STORE.)

(Then I took two of these, because clearly the one above reads negative)

So there you have it. . . our little miracle in the works. 
Thanks for your prayers & support! So excited to share the fun news with you all! 

24 comments

  1. Yay!!!! So excited for you guys and can't wait to find out if Clara will have a baby brother or a baby sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations sweet friend! I'm so excited for you and for this new little miracle growing inside of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL i just love this story 1,000 times over. What a wonderful sense of humor God has! I love to hear of His miracles! They happen every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for y'all! God is so amazing.

    Hilarious that you took so many tests. I had to take a digital test that literally read "pregnant" with Olivia because Andrew didn't see the two lines on the normal tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha well i totally get where Andrew was coming from. I FOR REAL thought I was reading the tests wrong and it must be a fluke!

      Delete
  5. I found your blog through Aja's (we went to church through high school together) - and I actually think I went to church in Clear Lake with your mother in law perhaps (Clear Lake Church of Christ - I'm friends with her on facebook - small world!)... congratulations! That is so awesome and exciting!! I just joined the two kids under two club (like... second baby born 12 days ago) - it's going to be crazy, but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Yes my in-laws go to Clearlake C of C. :) I am excited to check out your blog.

      Delete
  6. Aww, fun! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! So excited for your sweet family! It's like you got a free pass on the first trimester:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer. We are praying for your sweet family!

      Delete
  8. Yay!! Just so excited for all FOUR of you :) And so thankful for your story and how it is such great proof of God's faithfulness. Can't wait to meet you, Baby B!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! I can't even imagine how shocked/excited/happy/smitten you guys already are! So excited for you guys and that little (yet really big) miracle growing inside of you.

    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Brittnie! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!! So exciting!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for more little Blackburn babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!! I am So excited for you. You are an amazing mom and this little one will be lucky to have you as her mom and Clara as her sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing news!! I am just so thrilled for your little family. Smiled ear to ear reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations again Brittnie and Brandon!! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE IT!! God is so, so good. Congratulations to the three of you! This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got chills reading this!! So very excited for you & your sweet family!! Congrats!! (and my apologies for the excessive use of exclamation points)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing and I am SO SO happy for you all! I am praising our Lord for your second precious miracle. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brittnie!! I found your blog through insta and I had to say congrats on your new sweet miracle!!!! So exciting! Clara will be the best big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, somehow I missed this!! Congratulations. What a blessing. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so so happy for you God is incredible!!! What a special blessing and how crazy awesome your already so far along! So when will you be due?

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.