Thursday, June 18, 2015

#AnythingProject

I have been following Jennie Allen and team as they have recently updated and launched the brand new Bible study, Anything.  I love, love the idea behind this simple yet amazingly powerful prayer described in the book. A prayer that Jennie and her husband started to pray years ago which was . . .

Anything. God. Anything.

And from Jennie's blog "And in that one little word we turned in everything for God's anything." 


Such a faithful step of faith and surrender. Faith Gateway is leading a summer study, working through Anything, and it is not too late to join. I am following along (kick off was this past Monday the 15th) and am so excited for the weeks ahead. So rich and so needed and so liberating. 

There is so much freedom that comes when we give God our anything. When we break down the chains and control and desire to micromanage our lives and just open handily say "I'm yours. Use me. I will do anything for you."

Jennie and team is encouraging all of us to share our anything stories. To share the fruit of complete surrender. To share how God is working in our lives when we press into Him daily and with no reservation.  I find myself sitting and reading story after story after story in awe of how God is using this simple pray to change a generation. 


So I shared my story. I held off for a few days but felt God nudging me to share what was on my heart and so finally, I did it. I wrote what first came to mind and hit submit. No filtering. No editing. No obsessing over the word choice or sentence structure. Just deciding to take that next step of obedience. You can read it here, along with so many other amazing stories. Just settle down in your favorite chair with a warm cup of whatever it is you drink and expect to be blessed. 

If you are in need of a summer study, or just want to be encouraged by how God is working and moving in the lives of people everywhere, I encourage you to tag along, or even better, share your own anything story. 

What is your anything?

2 comments

  1. I'm proud of you for sharing your story - I'm sure it helps you process your feelings just as it helps others who are reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read it, and I have thought this about you a million times- but I simultaneously hate your story and love your story all at the same time. I hope that makes sense :) And ugh, breaking down the micromanaging of my life- majorly convicting and challenging. Whyyyyy is it so hard to let go of control, especially when we know how much better He is at handling it all than we are?!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.