Friday, February 6, 2015

Weekend Links 2/6/15

Life
5 Ways I Stay Sane Online
It's Prayer. That's the thing. 
The courage to love our neighbors: The missing casserole
No, You're Not More Of A "Real" Mom Because Your House Is Messy

Special Needs
My Sunshine
The Village 
10 Types of Recreational Therapy to Help Your Child with Special Needs - I'm thinking Clara would love, love, love some music therapy. . . storing that idea away!
My Baby Rides The Short Bus: The Unabashedly Human Experience of Raising Kids with Disabilities - adding this book to my "to read" list. 

Thanks so much for all of the baby news congrats! We are very, very excited (while also a tad nervous because three kids, age three and under)! A few baby details coming later, but for now here are a few pictures from the last few days. . .

We were invited to a birthday party at Giggles and Fun last weekend. Such a fun indoor space for kids to play! Camille was LOVING the itty bitty slide. . .




Clara has been practicing holding a cup with no handles. She's not 100% there, but making a little progress each time we practice. I just love her little face in these pictures. . .



Tonight we are going to see Temple Grandin speak LIVE at a church near our house. Y'all. . . I cannot tell you how excited I am! If you are in the special needs world, you have probably heard of her. If not, look her up!! She is one amazing woman that has taken her disability and moved mountains. She still actively lives with Autism, but she does not let her struggles hold her down. She is an author of several books, and a movie was made in honor of her inspiring story (Claire Daines played her role!). 

Have a great weekend!

3 comments

  1. Props to Clara on the cup and very cool about the speaker- hope it goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the article about messy houses and "real life" - thanks for sharing! And hope you enjoy the speaker tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the "real mom" article! So true! I really do cook meals from scratch on the daily & my kids really do love kale chips and hummus for lunch. But lets just talk about my daily yoga pants and kids who go to the grocery store in their pajamas multiple times a week! Just sayin....

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.