Friday, February 21, 2014

Weekend Links 2/21/14

Life
Talking about kids on date night, and other marriage rules I break - The Happiest Home
When motherhood doesn't go as planned - Inspired to Action podcast w/ Kathryn Jackson
When answers still don't come - True Worth

Eating Disorder/Mental Health/Self Esteem
Staying Positive - Surviving Anorexia

I'm adding a section on weekend links specifically for information surrounding children and special needs. I am learning new & fascinating information all the time regarding Clara's Cohen Syndrome, sensory issues, and other various special needs topics and while it might not apply or be interesting to the vast majority of you, I figure for a few it might be beneficial. So. . .when I find something worthwhile, I will post it here on Fridays. 

Special Needs & like info 
Making Sense out of Sensory Integration - The Sensory Spectrum (great post explaining the different types of SPD. Clara has Sensory Overresponsivity which basically means she has significantly more than typical noticing of sensory input - all her senses are heightened making sounds, tastes, smells, movement, etc more dramatic to her)
Sensory Processing Disorder: Ambiguous but Real - UVA Health System Blog (gives similar explanations as the link above)

Such a good daddy. . . loves his girls and his girls love him!

Happy Friday!

1 comment

  1. Love the pics of Brandon with the girls but mostly I love his camp pj pants- too funny!

    And I'm def going to read the first link… Brian and I just talked about the "no-talking-about-kids-on-date-nights" thing on our most recent date night… seems impossible!!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.