Friday, December 4, 2015

Weekend Links 12/4/15

Life
He Is Establishing Good Things
Fear Moms of Littles - Here's Your "Don't Have To Do Holiday List"
For the Days You Feel Defeated: Hope from Gideon's Story

Special Needs
8 Tips for Special Needs Holiday Toy Shopping
How To Draw Up a Special Needs Trust for a Child With Disabilities
Learning Differences and What Is Most Important

Loss
Grateful and Grieving - This author beautifully and perfectly describes the state of my heart. So, so good.  I copied a bit below. . .

Both are true. It’s not one or the other. Yes I’m still grieving because I love and miss my son with every molecule in my body, but that doesn’t mean I’m not also deeply thankful for my blessings. As bereaved parents we are forced to learn the art of holding infinite space for both/and– because this new life we didn’t ask for is now a heartbreaking juxtaposition of contradictions. Our hearts hold both the blessings and the trials, the joy and the pain, the white meat and the dark meat on the same blessed fork. We are grateful and we are grieving.

I took Camille to Toys R Us one day this week just to browse around and get some Christmas ideas for the nieces and nephews. She found this purple animal (I don't even know what this is supposed to be. . . any guesses?) and would. not. put. it. down. Then she asked to ride the horse on our way out and .5 seconds after me placing her on she became very concerned and decided she did not, in fact, want to ride. #toddlers 





Happy weekend! 

2 comments

  1. "There are no advent police" - ha, I still fear that there are, but I totally needed to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go with purple bunny-puppy-moose! Love the pictures and got so much out of all of the articles as usual; thanks for always sharing so much with us.

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.