Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2013 goals, May roundup

Y'all. . .  I was doing so well with my 2013 goals and then May happened. We have had A LOT going on this month, and the next thing I know the calendar reads May 29th. . .  and so there ya go. While yes, I technically have two more days to get cracking, it's just not going to happen people. So without further ado, here's my sad attempt at my 2013 goals, for the month of May.

Recipes:
I only made two new recipes this month. And they were not main entree recipes, mind you, they were bread recipes. Now, both were amazing and delicious, but since man cannot live on bread alone, I will need to get back at it next month. That said, if you need some good amazing bread to go with your meals, check these out. They will not disappoint!

French Bread Rolls - My friend, Emily, made these for our play group and they were so good I knew we had to make them at home. I think her batch was better than mine, but nonetheless these were still yummy and center nice and doughy (but not undercooked).

and

The Perfect Loaf of Bread - We ate the first loaf in two days, if that says anything about how it turned out. Then we made another loaf, and another, and both only lasted two days. Seriously. It's addicting. So much so, that I promptly froze the loaf of Mrs. Baird's that was on our counter. So long store bought bread. It was nice knowing you.



Scripture memory:

Psalm 38:15 "I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God."

Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Seems as though many of the verses I select have an overlapping theme of waiting, and being still. Not always easy for me, thus why I need these reminders on the forefront of my mind. Wait. Chill out. Be still. Don't freak out when God hasn't answered in some earthly timeframe that I concocted in my head. He will answer. He will fight for me. But I must do my part. I must be still.

Reading:
I did not read anything this month. The. End.

Computer clean up:
What do ya know? I actually cleaned up my computer a little this month. I looked through the 5,739 downloads and sorted a bunch, organized a bunch, and deleted a bunch. I love deleting things. It's the Type A in me.

And just because. . . here is a picture of Clara in her super girly tutu outfit that my mom bought her before she was born. She actually bought one for Clara, and two other baby girls, Lucy and Ruby, that were born just a few months before Clara. So we met at the park last week to take their picture. Their older buddy, Jake, was there too, so of course he had to get in on the last pic. Such cuties!




Bye!

6 comments

  1. Is that no-knead bread? it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's no knead. . . which is another reason this recipe is so awesome!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh...those tutu pictures!!! Adorable!! Also, cracked up at 'man cannot live by bread alone' joke...awesome.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was still a productive month to me!! And I think I actually could live on bread alone... or maybe just carbs in general? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAH! The tutus!!!! Tutu cute (sorry, I had to).

    And the bread? So impressed you made bread from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tutus are just too fun!! She looks adorable! Def going to try that bread!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.