Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekend Links 3/22/13

So. . . I got that hole in my eye repaired on Wednesday. Definitely an interesting experience, and I'll be ok if I never have a laser beam shot in my eye ever again. He zapped my eye 96x, which was really special. Afterwards it was hard to keep my eye open and it was oozing goop (you're welcome for that mental picture) and also stinging for quite a while. But the good news is no eye patch was necessary and my vision was completely back to normal by Thursday morning! So yay for that. And yay that I no longer have a random hole in my eye. The only picture I have for you. . .


And a few pics of Clara just because. . .



And a few weekend links. . . not broken into category because I'm being lazy, and I'm fairly certain you can figure it out.

Selective Eating - Kartini Clinic
Defining Recovery: Life After an eating disorder - ED Bites
What I want you to know: Adopting a teenager from foster care - Rage Against The Minivan
I want to see the person, not the box - (in)courage
Dear God, Where Are You? - Lysa TerKeurst ("Sometimes God’s power is shown as much in preventing things as it is in making them happen. We may never know why. But we can always know and trust the Who." Love that.)
Dark Chocolate Cashew Larabars - Brown Eyed Baker
Simple French Bread Pizzas - Eat, Live, Run
Crunchy Black Bean Tacos - Six Sisters' Stuff 

Enjoy your weekend! 

5 comments

  1. Hooray for no more hole in your eye! And thank you for that lovely description... so glad I was able to read it while eating my breakfast :)

    But for real, glad no eye patch was necessary and that your vision is already back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to try the black bean tacos! So glad you're recovering so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the selective eater article. I have one of those kids and have been shamed and judged a lot as a mom because my kid eats no variety. Even though I have 2 who eat nearly anything I still get a lot of "advice" which is really just code for "you're doing it wrong"about how to get my boy to eat more than chicken nuggets and peanut butter and jelly. I seriously cried reading that article, cried again reading it to my husband and then shared it on Facebook. Thank you so much, that was really an article that helped release some of the mommy guilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that article was encouraging to you. I thought it was very well written! Yay for no mommy guilt :)

      Delete
  4. So glad you're eye is all better Brittnie! And Clara is getting so chunky, chunky babies are the best I think. All my babies were so chunky and I couldn't get enough of it.

    I am curious to read the post about adopting a teen from foster care, interesting I am sure.




    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.