Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Currently. . . Feb 2013 edition

Loving: That Clara will now wrap her arm around mine when I am carrying her, and also put her arm around my leg when we are playing on the floor. I could post a thousand pictures but decided on two.



Reading: Daily posts from ladies in my in(courage) community group. Did you sign up for one? There's a category for just about every single life phase. It's been SUCH a blessing reading from other women, sharing our stories, and giving and getting encouragement.

Watching: Duck Dynasty reruns. Enough said. Are y'all getting pumped about next Wednesday nights season premiere?


Listening to: Lots of oldies but goodies from Jeremy Camp. Especially loving this one right now.


Thinking about: How gracious God has been to us over the last three months. When we started down the road of testing & therapy for Clara we had no idea what we would know, or where we would be, three months into the process. We have done A LOT over the last three months and while tests have shown minor things here and there, nothing life altering has been discovered. God is good regardless of test results, of course, yet we acknowledge that He has answered our prayers in powerful ways.

Looking forward to: Meeting my newest nephew, Eli, who was due on Valentine's day and has yet to make his appearance!

Making me happy: Brandon and I have been talking about taking a little vacation, just the two of us, sometime in the near future (this summer maybe). We are thinking Seattle, Chicago or possibly San Francisco? Anyone taken a recent vacation and have any reviews or recommendations?  Has to be somewhere SW Airlines will fly. Speaking of SW Airlines. . . they recently ran a special for $58 tickets (SWEET!) but alas we decided a vacation to Midland/Odessa or Dallas was not quite the experience we are looking for this go round. Call us crazy.

What are you loving? 
What's making you happy this week?

10 comments

  1. Looove me some Duck Dynasty!!! I feel like it really rounds out my uh...eclectic...taste in reality TV. :) Have fun planning a vacation!! I love when I see those cheap airline tickets to random places and I try to convince myself there's a reason to go there...I mean, who doesn't want to check out random mid-sized cities in the midwest??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having a DD party this week in celebration of the upcoming primere!! Stay tuned for pics :)

      Delete
  2. Duck Dynasty?! Ive never heard! Oh and I love that song too :) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amy!!! You must watch a few episodes online!! I thought it was weird but was then totally hooked after a few episodes!! :)

      Delete
  3. Been to Seattle, San Francisco, and Chicago - Seattle was hands down my favorite :) followed by San Fran and then Chicago. All are definitely fun, but that's my ranking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those adorable pictures! We've been to San Francisco and loved it. Lots of good food, tons to see, we drove out to Napa Valley one day - I would highly recommend San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of her with her arm around your leg is so sweet. I can see how you would want to post a hundred of them :)

    I've been to San Francisco many times because I used to live in the Bay Area (grew up there), but really my idea of a vacation is somewhere quiet on the beach. I am not big on sight seeing. Some sun sand and maybe an appt. for a massage will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beyond precious! COME TO CHICAGO!! How fun would it be to show you around :) Definitely take a vacation the two of you, no matter where you decide to go... it is SO good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweetie!! :)
    David & I are going to San Francisco next weekend for a little getaway...SO EXCITED! I'll let you know what I think! :)
    We went to Seattle a few years ago, and loved it as well. I would recommend spending a day, maybe two in the city, then the rest outside of town. We did all the in town stuff pretty quickly, and ended up deciding to rent a car for a little day trip & that ended up being our favorite part of the trip, besides Pikes Place Market, of course!
    Love ya & hope your sweet girl starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We took an anniversary trip to Seattle in 2011 and loved it- highly recommend it! We loved our trip to Chicago too... and San Francisco is also a fun one. So basically they're all good options and I'm no help :) I think Seattle was our favorite for what that's worth!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.