Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Camille's ballet debut

Camille has been begging to take ballet since she was 2.5 years old. I've asked if she would like to try soccer and a variety of other activities and she always replies with "No thank you, Mommy. I really just want to take ballet." 

I've held her off as long as possible (because well, I'm not really sure?), and agreed to put her in a one week ballet camp this summer to test the waters before signing her up for an ongoing class. 

Verdict? 

She was on cloud nine every day and came home with the biggest smile. Absolutely loving life and so, so happy. 

Also? Mama needs to get a grip. I cried every. single. day. watching her and I still tear up every time I watch her final "performance. " Ballet apparently brings out every emotion I have buried about my littlest girl growing up. The song she danced to came on Pandora while we were coloring the other day and again, waterworks. What in the actual world? 


I think fall ballet lessons are in her future! And possibly more therapy for me. :)

3 comments

  1. Ahh I love it- she looks so happy! And you're not alone- my Clara's first ballet classes made me sappy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was awesome!!! (No offense to the other kids, but she showed them up.) I think she has found one of her gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a natural! You're gonna have to give in to those requests now ;)

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.