Friday, June 16, 2017

A Giving Heart (A coloring book celebrating motherhood)


Those of you who know me well know that I'm not super crafty. Or at all crafty. I am not one of those moms who comes up with creative art projects or home science experiments because, well, it's just not my gift.

There may or may not have been one time I decorated tea towels by stamping them with various designs and when my husband got home he asked, "Did Camille make those?"

Thanks, babe.

Those tea towels are now cleaning cloths.

So when a representative from Faith Words contacted me asking if I would be interested in reviewing a recently published adult coloring book, I was a bit hesitant.

Because tea towels.

But then I got to thinking and reasoned that since the only "craft" I really enjoy doing with my girls  is coloring, then maybe, just maybe, I would enjoy a coloring book of my own. Maybe it would be a nice change of routine in the evenings? Maybe a stress-reducer?

So I said yes!*

And I'm so glad I did!**




What I loved about this coloring book, designed specially for mothers, is that is not only has fun, playful pages as the ones above, but also those filled with scripture and solid, Biblical truth.





What an amazing way to spend a few minutes, no?

There is something remarkable about the act of sitting down, silencing the noise, and engaging in an activity that reinforces what we moms need most . . . encouragement straight from God's word. Coloring in scripture forces you to ponder on power and truth. Love that.

Allowing yourself the time and space to get still and quiet and fill your tank is countercultural, but worth it.

Please see below. Can you tell my three year old helped me?

Regardless of toddler scribbles, this verse is oh so special to me, as it's the verse we selected for Chance's grave marker.

You fill me with joy in your presence. Yes and amen.


If you are a mother who is looking for a new activity, or maybe your time with the Lord has felt stale and you need to change it up, I highly recommend A Giving Heart coloring book. This would also make a great gift for any mother figure in your life.


To learn more about Faith Words and the products they offer, follow them on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.

*I was sent this product for free in exchange for a review on the blog, but these thoughts are my own.

** Apparently there are fancy gel pens made specifically for adult coloring books. I do not own such pens. I used my toddler's colored pencils. Which meant I had approximately five colors to choose from, all of which had dull points. Because toddlers.

Happy Friday and happy coloring!

1 comment

  1. I am all about adult coloring books so I appreciated this review!! I don't do it very often but it's very therapeutic when I do... I just got new markers to use with mine (the colored pencils are a lot of work!) and I have to hide them from Clara :)

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.