Monday, August 15, 2016

Honoring A Life by Honoring A Life

A few months ago I felt the ache kicking in. I was missing my son. A lot. And specifically grieving over the fact that I will never have a face to watch grow and mature as our days roll on.

There is so much joy in watching my children develop. How their baby faces turn into toddler faces that turn into big kid faces. I get that blessed opportunity with my girls, but not with my son.

So I decided I needed a face.

A real face.

A living and breathing little boy who I can watch age over the years.

Then it hit me.

Why not find a little boy to sponsor who shares Chance's birthday, year and all? Another little boy, born on that same day in April 2015. Why not find a little boy who needs a little extra help in this life to develop and grow and flourish within his own family? Why not honor another woman's son and in doing so, honoring my own? Why not provide our family with an extra layer of healing, while simultaneously offering a bit of healing to a family across the world? Why not channel our pain into something good and hope-filled?

So we did . . . Meet G!


I knew he was the one the minute I came across his profile. Just look at those beautiful eyes. Those eyes spoke to me and I knew we had found our boy.

We are excited to watch G age year after year, and correspond with him via letters and emails.

Also, how fun will it be to send birthday packages to him every April 4th? I can just imagine all the things Camille will want to pick out for her "brother in Af-ica," as she likes to say.

Thrilled to watch God move and heal and change stories from sadness to hope, both here in our home and across the globe.

5 comments

  1. I love this- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love this so, so much! What a perfect idea! So glad you are doing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love it--and he's such a cutie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post, what a precious tribute to Chance...I am crying. The moment that I read that you wanted to sponsor another boy that shared his birthday, I just lost it. And that face, he is just so sweet. I'm so happy that you have a sweet little boy to watch and support as he grows.

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.