Thursday, September 5, 2013

2013 goals, August roundup

So this pretty much sums up the month of August. . . 


Recipes (new) I cooked this month = 0

Minutes spent on computer organization = 0

Minutes spent reading for pleasure = 0

Blogging = hit or miss I suppose

Scripture memory = Somewhat successful. . . I selected the following two verses and while I don't know them perfectly, I did give it some effort.

Psalm 68:19 "Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Very appropriate I {randomly} selected this verse, as it came in handy during a recent low moment.)

So. . . while basically this month was a bust, I plan to start fresh this week. Which means, I need to figure out what in the world I am going to cook for dinner. Don't want to be cooking four new recipes the last week of September, now do I?

3 comments

  1. I think you get a pass on all resolutions since you are pregnant... everyone knows that your (a) motivation and (b) general abilities are greatly decreased during pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA. This pretty much sums up my August as well. Didn't try a single new recipe and barely read much of my book. Oh well. It's more fun to spend time with our littles right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend, you forgot an item from your list...

    Fully loving Clara as God's gift = infinite

    So I think that reverses August as not-a-bust-after-all!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.