Sunday, January 6, 2013

Help me trust You in the dark

I have amazing friends. I really really do. They know just what I need, exactly when I need it. After an unexpected phone call on Thursday morning, which left my heart and mind in a complete tizzy, and after sharing what I learned with said friends, I have received text messages EVERYDAY with words of encouragement and also scriptures, that offer hope. My sister in law even texted me a picture of the Jan 4th entry in Jesus Calling, which I had JUST read moments prior.

God. . . you are cool like that. Thank you for stirring action in the heart of my friends, to ultimately stir up extra peace in my heart.

Here is what I have been meditating on the last few days. . .

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in Spirit." Psalm 34:17-18

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

And a quote I read this morning. . .

"Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark." - Sarah Young, Jan 6th entry in Jesus Calling

Thank you, precious friends. You know who you are. I am honored to journey along this life with you.

More details in time. . .

5 comments

  1. Great reminders- praying for continued peace! And for some reason the "While I'm Waiting" song by John Waller keeps coming to mind when I think about your situation- I'm sure you've heard it but you should go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're surrounded by such encouraging friends. I love that "Peace" quote you put at the end. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you friend!! Praying for your family! :) That Jesus calling book is just the best huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a rough time, but will be praying for you. May the peace of God rule your heart and transcend all human understanding!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.