Friday, December 14, 2012

Weekend Links 12/14/12

It's been a long time since I have posted my Friday weekend links. Not sure why. Just got out of the groove perhaps? I'm sure y'all have been really bummed. . . on pins and needles wondering when I'd get back into the habit. (enter sarcasm)

Well . . . you're in luck today. . . Friday weekend links is back! Hopefully, to stay! :)

I hope, if you have some downtime this weekend, you can enjoy a little reading from around the web (Who am I kidding? Who has downtime this time of year???)

Anyways, here we go. . .

Life
6 steps to a relaxed Christmas: decorate simply - Simple Mom
Why you really can be confident - (in)courage
don't add to it all - Naptime Diaries
Mary, the mother of God - Jamie Schulz
A simple way to bring peace to the dinner table - Inspired To Action (love this idea!! Pinned it)
When you wish you had a room of your own - a tribute to the spaces that moms create - Lisa Jo Baker

Eating Disorder and/or Self Esteem
I need you to know - True Worth
What I want you to know about eating disorders - Rage Against The Minivan
5 Reasons You Shouldn't Fear Talking To A Counselor - We Are The Real Deal
HuffPost Live on Pro-Ana - ED Bites (Y'all - this is real stuff. These sites really do exist. Makes my stomach churn like no other. If you have a second (well more like 25 minutes), please watch this video. Let's be aware of what's out there, on the internet, available to vulnerable hearts, minds and souls young and old.)

Recipes
Crock-pot Potato, Barley & Canadian Bacon Soup - Iowa Girl Eats
Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki - Steamy Kitchen
Easy White Chicken Chili - The Girl Who Ate Everything
Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls - Eat, Live, Run
Red Velvet Santa Hat Brownies - Cookies & Cups
Chewy brown sugar cookies w/ brown sugar frosting - Cookies & Cups

Have a great weekend!

3 comments

  1. Yay, welcome back! For now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I do really like these posts! I find lots of good stuff here. And I also appreciate the links with regard to eating disorders. I admit that I feel I understand very, very little about eating disorders, and these help me to understand a lot more, both from your perspective and in general!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drawn to any recipe with the word 'easy' in it :) Thanks for all the great links.

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.