Thursday, April 4, 2019

Dear Chance . . . Four Years in Heaven

Dear Chance, 

Four years ago today you were born into heaven. 

How has it been F-O-U-R years? 


While you aren't with us, we think of you all the time and have plenty of conversations about our "baby brother" who lives with Jesus. We are so grateful you are part of our legacy. 

We visited your grave a few weeks ago, and we hope to go visit again this weekend for our annual family picture. 




Your tree, that was gifted to us by friends on the day of your memorial service, is in full bloom. It's our absolute favorite. As you can see, your sister, Camille, added a pink birdhouse to sit alongside the original blue one because, "I need a birdhouse next to my brother's." 



We started celebrating last night, a day early, since today is packed with your sister's activities (speech and occupational therapy for Clara and a preschool program for Camille). Your daddy picked up balloons and treats on the way home last night for all of us to enjoy! While we usually bake cupcakes and top them with blue icing, Camille was convinced that this year you would want the soft, sugar cookies from the bakery section because "Every little kid LOVES those cookies." They didn't have blue iced, but with two sisters, we figured pink would work just fine. :)




Clara clearly enjoying the mini chocolate cakes . . . every time I turned around she was snatching one!

Also, do you see that Clara has light-up TOYS in both hands??
Yep, she pooped on the potty right before our celebration.
Maybe we need to celebrate you big every single day! :)

We woke up this morning to lots of messages from family and friends, and balloons that SPELLED YOUR NAME, complete with a boy-themed birthday gift on the porch from sweet friends. Another friend dropped off a bouquet of beautiful flowers. You are not forgotten and we are so thankful! 




I have been fielding questions from your sister, Camille, on the regular. Such as... What does my brother look like in heaven? Can he see us? Can he see his balloons? Do you think his favorite colors are blue and green? What does my brother do all day in heaven? When I get to heaven will I know how to find baby Chance? Will Jesus help me find my brother? Do you think his favorite animal is an elephant? I think so because all little boys like elephants. Can we eat mac and cheese for dinner? I’m sure baby Chance would want mac and cheese on his birthday because all kids love mac and cheese.

We love you, Chance. 

Four years closer!

2 comments

  1. Brittnie, I continue to remember with you. His life spoke volumes to so many and I love the way you continue his legacy with your girls. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe 4 years have passed! I'm certain he finds joy in how much he is remembered and celebrated always, but especially on his special day :) Happy belated birthday, Chance! You are so very loved!

    ReplyDelete

© A Joy Renewed. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.